Beckham Law query

I arrived in Spain in May 2022 and registered as an Autonomo in September 2022, and I have remained as an autonomo since then. I became a resident in July 2023. I’ve now been offered a full-time role, which I am considering to take, or remain contracting. Can I still apply for the Beckham Law as a full-time employee, or is it too late, since I think I should have registered within the first six months of arriving in Spain? I always thought the Beckham Law didn’t apply to Autonomos and that I could apply if I got a full-time job. However, some websites suggest I might be too late. Does anyone have any information on this so that I can make an informed decision on what to do? Thank you.

Hi Rory, I ran your post by our service delivery team and got the following response; As you have been a tax resident since 2023 you unfortunately don’t meet the criteria of the Beckham law. Additionally, Beckham law for employees is granted when the deplacement to the country is due to the job offer, but not the other way around. As you came to Spain as a freelancer you’re not meeting the criteria of the Beckham Law and it therefore does not apply to you.
I hope this answers your questions, otherwise let me know and we’ll dive deeper into it.

Have a really wonderful day :slight_smile:

1 Like