Collecting VAT from other countries as an OÜ

Hello there!

Currently I have a large amount of clients who are based in Germany, and some of them dont provide me their VAT Number / TAX ID.

All clients are B2B I dont work with B2C.

Now I have collected some 19% German VAT from some clients, how do I handle it do I need to register somewhere or will Xolo will provide me the details?

And do you recommend if I force the client by emailing them or something for the VAT ID because I have a feeling that its a big headache when handeling VAT from other countries.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Adam. I always ask for the VAT information upfront. When invoicing with Xolo, this is an available field. Consider creating a template with fillable fields for every client that asks this upfront.

Of course, make the e-mail personal and relevant so it feel like YOU! Ensure that the fields you need answers to––you’re looking at VAT, account numbers and such––are marked as ‘Required.’

Just throw this to each client upfront, and send them to your existing clients as an information request. Xolo will automatically handle VAT when the client is paying towards it.

1 Like