Does anyone have experience with an Interactive Brokers account via an OÜ?

My application for an account was successful, but I’m completely new to investing in stocks via my OÜ. Are there any special things that I should be aware of? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Kevin,

We are not able to assist directly with the account opening process, but we’d recommend getting in touch with the customer support team at Interactive Brokers. They’re really helpful and can guide you through the necessary documents you might need.
Once you know what’s required, we do have a variety of additional services related to company documents that could be useful to you.

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know!

1 Like

@carmina.psariuc So far, the customer service of IB has been a complete catastrophe. :sweat_smile:

I’m also not looking for an IB tutorial or something like that, but rather for experiences with the service in regard to an OÜ.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing up such a relevant topic, @kevin. I’m curious, what led you to choose an OÜ for your investments? Are there specific tax advantages you’ve found when comparing it to investing as an individual? Looking ahead, say in 20 years when you’re ready to sell or withdraw your funds, do you anticipate that investing through an OÜ will provide a more tax-efficient way to handle those gains, or do you plan to manage spending directly from the OÜ?

1 Like