Navigating the Global Economy: How's It Affecting Your Freelance Work?

Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well! I wanted to start a conversation about something that’s been on my mind lately—how the current global economy is affecting our work as freelancers.

With all the changes happening in the world—economic slowdowns, inflation, shifting markets, and geopolitical tensions—I’m curious to hear how these factors have been impacting your work. Specifically:

1. Work Inflow: Have you noticed any changes in the number of projects or clients reaching out to you? Are you seeing more or fewer opportunities compared to previous years?
  2. Project Types: Are clients asking for different types of work than before? Has the demand for specific skills increased or decreased?
  3. Revenue: Have these economic shifts impacted your income? Are you having to adjust your rates, or are clients more price-sensitive lately?
  4. Client Relations: Are you finding that clients are taking longer to pay, or negotiating more aggressively on contracts?

I think it’s important that we share our experiences and strategies to navigate these challenging times. Any tips or insights on how you’re adapting to these changes would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Cheers,
Annika

1 Like