WIFI when traveling all over the world? My best tips below with E-sim alternatives

I have had the privilege to work from diffirent parts of the world. I am home based from Sweden, but I currently travel between Sweden, Bali, Singapore, Spain and italy.

Digital nomad hunts for wifi
Working from a Villa or on the run can sometime be hectic, I have also had the problems with not having a dual sim telephone. ( I’m a Iphone 12 owner ). Occasionally the hotel and or house wifi is not sufficent if you find your self on the road. My two alternatives I would suggest are the following:

Esim data providers allow you to activate a data package without the need to change your esim, it is easaly installed on the mobile, and can be deleted once you are done.

1) Airalo
Works great in the follwing countries: Indonesia, Turkey, Serbia, Spain, US, Japan etc.
I have used it in all the above and works fine, there are additional countries. You pay approx 10 usd for a 5 GB data, that you can use while in between coffee, house, hotels wifi. ( allways connected )
I attached a link with a voucher if you want to test.

Link +3 USD voucher on signup.

There are several other esim companies, Airalo for me has worked great, its probably not something you want to have going for 2 weeks, but when you are on the run and the coffee hotel or other connection is not working, then this is a life saver.

best of luck nomads!

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, will check it out on my next trip. I have had good experiences using Holafly (esim.holafly.com) in USA and Turkey so far.

1 Like

I’ve had pretty good success with TravelSIM as well. Reasonable rates, worldwide coverage, and eSIMs. I like the fact that it let me get an Estonian number for my Estonian company.