Xolo launching new profile badges

Hey Xolo Community!

We are excited to announce that we intend to launch new profile badges on Xchange! These badges are designed to help you promote your profile and connect with other solopreneurs more effectively.

profile_badge

The planned Xolo profile badges include:

• Verified by Xolo: Showcasing that your profile has been authenticated by Xolo.
  • Has Done Business: Indicating that you’ve successfully completed business
    transactions through Xolo.
  • Income for Last 12 Months: Highlighting your business performance over the past year.
  • Active Community Member: Recognizing your engagement and contributions within the Xolo community.
  • Years with Xolo: Displaying your long-term commitment to our platform.

Before we launch these badges, we would love to gather your feedback to ensure that these badges enhance your experience on our platform.

1. How do you feel about the introduction of these badges?
  2. Do you think these badges will help you connect with other solopreneurs?
  3. Any other suggestions or concerns?
  4. Are there any additional badges you would like to see?

Check out the full prototype page of the new badges feature also here.

Your feedback is invaluable and will help us make the Xolo better. Thank you for being a part of Xolo!

8 Likes

Thanks for these! A question about the “Active community member” badge - does this also show all of the topics I’ve started/threads I’ve commented on or is it just an indication of any kind of activity?

I like the badges (generally), but I find these a few somewhat questionable/problematic.

These two are prime examples:

Are we concerned about spammers and scammers? Otherwise, why do we need this kind of a “street cred” badge? I’m not generally that keen to share my income on a social media platform, no matter whether that income is high, low, or aggressively medium at the time in question.

I like the badges, but I would like to ensure that a user can choose to disable any INDIVIDUAL badge - otherwise, some of these feel like a disproportionate exposure of potentially private data.

Hi @erikmell,

As described in my assignment when I was considered for a role in Xolo’s team, I think showing numbers like income and maybe even the number of clients the freelancer has worked with is a massive and bold statement, very few platforms are doing it and I see it all positive - building trust and reputation, creating healthy competition and shifting the mindset of freelancers that do not officially invoice all their clients, to switch to Xolo for its simplicity and transparency.

Obviously, these numbers would be visible only for community/Xchange members (not publicly). As a best next step, I see the possibility of creating a sortable leaderboard based on these numbers that show YoY or QoQ variations and awarding the top players with various incentives.

Good luck with everything! I know how hard it is to be the first movers in an industry!

2 Likes